We can offer the following taxation
support and services:
- Tax planning.
- Tax compliance.
- Self-assessment registration.
- Self-assessment tax return filing.
- Corporation tax return filing.
- Inheritance tax (IHT).
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT).
AUDIT & ACCOUNTS
Whether we are producing your accounts or carrying out your annual audit we will ensure our work is carried smoothly and efficiently and with the minimum disruption to you.
We don’t want to just hand over accounts and leave you to figure it all out we want you to see from your accounts exactly how profitable and stable your business is. We want to help you make solid plans for the year ahead and use the information to make the right business decisions.
VALUE ADDED TAX
Ensuring that you comply with all the VAT regulations is essential. We can assist you in a number of ways including the following:
- Tailoring your accounting systems to bring together the VAT information accurately and quickly.
- Ensuring that your business is VAT efficient and that adequate finance is available to meet your VAT liability on time.
- Providing assistance with the completion of VAT returns.
- Negotiating with HMRC if disagreements arise and inreaching settlement.
- Advising as to whether any of the available schemes may be appropriate for you.
PAYROLL PENSIONS & PAYE
Under RTI, employers are required to make regular payroll submissions for each pay period during the year detailing payments and deductions made from employees each time they are paid.
The operation of PAYE under RTI can be a difficult and time consuming procedure for those in business. We will be happy to show you how to operate PAYE correctly, offer ongoing advice on particular issues, or to carry out your payroll for you.
We tailor to the needs of each of our clients and provide a bespoke package; whether you employ one person or more; whether you pay on a weekly, fortnightly, or monthly basis; or maybe you require electronic payslips; we can meet all your needs. We can help you to manage the road to automatic enrolment and help you to comply with the requirements when you are in automatic enrolment.
- Confirming that the employment status of subcontractors has been considered.
- Confirming that the verification process has been correctly dealt with.
- Detailing payments made to all subcontractors and;
- Detailing any deductions of tax made from those payments.
The deadline for submission is 14 days after the end of the tax month. Even if no subcontractors have been paid during a month, contractors still have to make a nil return. All contractors are obliged to file monthly even if they are entitled to pay their PAYE quarterly.
Relevant Contracts Tax (RCT) is a tax deduction system in Ireland, which applies in the construction, forestry and meat processing industry, whereby a principal contractor:
- Deducts tax at 35% from payments to sub-contractors for whom he/she does not hold a relevant payments card (Form RCT47), on which the principal contractor records payments made without deduction of RCT, and,
- Maintains a record of payments to all sub-contractors regardless of whether he/she holds a relevant payments card for them.
We can manage the administration duties of the RCT system which include:
- Contract notification to Revenue Commissioners.
- Payment notification.
- Deduction authorisation.
It is extremely important to file statutory documents on time with Companies House to avoid penalties or the company being struck off.
We can take care of the following on your behalf:
- Director/ secretary changes.
- Registered office changes.
- Year-end changes.
- Company name changes.
- Annual returns.
- Shareholder changes.
As well as ensuring all company officers are aware of their responsibilities.
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
We can help UK Companies take advantage of the range of tax incentives being actively encouraged by the Government. The incentives are only available to companies and include:
- Increased deduction for Research and Development revenue spending and a payable Research and Development tax credit for companies not in profit.
Selecting the right accounting package can be difficult, particularly as there are so many packages on the market. Price and functionality vary so widely it can make objective comparisons very difficult without spending a number of days on the selection process.
Judith will be able to help you with any of the steps involved in choosing and implementing an accounting package.